As a technical writer, you will document the functionality of the Filevine Software suite for new and existing features, including documentation for both internal and external purposes. You will work with other technical writers and internal teams to create, edit, and update documentation.
This position will require you to learn processes and content guidelines on very short notice. It requires excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with Product Owners, User Experience Designers, Product Marketing Managers, Support Managers, and other team members to obtain the information necessary to carry out assignments. The candidate must have superior writing skills, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, writing for different audiences and reading levels, and the use of style guides.
You will be working with a cross-functional team to create, edit, and organize information and convert it into useful, high-quality documentation and resources. You will have a hand in developing product documentation, how-to guides, website help sections, product surveys, and other content that distills technical information with ease and clarity.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Write client-facing and internal software documentation that reflects client workflows
- Audit, edit, and update existing documentation
- Adhere to documentation style guides
- Write, edit, and approve weekly release notes
- Edit and approve tool tip requests
- Edit and approve product surveys and other communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Technical Communications, or related field with an emphasis in writing
- Excellent writing skills and strong command of the English language
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with SaaS and agile development
- Ability to seek out and interview subject matter experts
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, Miro, Dovetail, Figma, and Gitlab is a plus
Filevine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualifications for employment, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected class. Filevine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability, or if you have concerns related to Filevine’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org