This role reports directly to the Director of Engineering
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise to the team by efficiently and productively:
- Researching, prototyping, and testing proposed database changes to meet functional needs, improve scalability, improve reliability, and/or improve performance
- Designing, coding, and maintaining APIs that can be used by multiple services within the company to access database services
- Troubleshooting and resolving lock contention, scalability, performance, and other database related issues; performing extensive query tuning
- Developing and maintaining monitoring and alerting of database services.
- Quickly responding to and resolving database problems.
- Developing batch process scripts.
- Automating the maintenance, deployment, security, and instrumentation of systems
- Collecting, monitoring, aggregating, dashboarding, and alerting on software and server events
- Identifying and fixing gaps in the availability of systems
- Improving the CI/CD pipeline
- Optimizing and creating hardware and cost efficiencies at scale
- Documenting and diagramming processes, procedures, and best practices
- Finding, learn, improve, or create new automation tools that are reliable, usable, and helpful to software development engineers to enable them to perform their work more efficiently
- Providing knowledge and education on reliability, tools, process, and security to software development engineers
- Be part of an on-call rotation with other team members to provide 24/7/365 database support.
- Communicate frequently, clearly, and effectively with various technical and management audiences
Knowledge and Skills
- 6+ years of DevOps, Systems Administration, Database Engineering or Reliability Engineer experience
- Experience with a variety of technologies such as NodeJS, ElasticSearch, Docker, AWS, GCP, Git, CI/CD Tools, Firebase, MongoDB
- Ability to write scripts and utilities to monitor, manage, and maintain databases
- Development experience with data access layer APIs is highly encouraged
- Deep understanding of operational principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. in computer science, information systems, a related field; comparable certifications; or equivalent direct work experience
Filevine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualifications for employment, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected class. Filevine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability, or if you have concerns related to Filevine's equal employment opportunities, you may contact us at email@example.com