Filevine is a rapidly growing legal technology software company that is pioneering a new way of managing complex requirements and tasks, saving our users valuable time, improving productivity and efficiency, and driving a higher level of customer satisfaction by improving communications. Filevine is known for powerful analytics, innovative organizational science, and world-class user experience. The company has an extraordinary team of passionate professionals who love working together to help organizations thrive.
Filevine is seeking an experienced and diligent HR Generalist with top-notch analytical and communication skills to join our team. An HR Generalist is expected to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict management skills.
To ensure success, you should exhibit strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management and training. Reporting to FIlevine’s Director of People & Culture, you will be responsible for the following:
Human Resources Generalist Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitate new hire orientation to create excitement around the company culture, while emphasizing essential company policies, programs, and benefits
- Provide support to HR leadership by managing & handling Level I employee relations issues
- Partner with subject matter experts and stakeholders to create content and material
- Manage learning content and curriculum maintenance, which includes breaking
- Assist in the development of new processes which could include; workforce planning, succession management, employee retention design, and team member development
- Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- Responsible for accurately processing payroll and maintaining all payroll data and reporting.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate open enrollments, changes, and training for employee benefits programs.
- Respond to human resources-related inquiries.
- Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- Administer new employee on-boarding and orientation.
- Develop and maintain talent management processes.
- Monitor employee morale and company culture.
- Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain employee personnel records.
- Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary.
- Supports special projects as requested
Human Resources Generalist Qualifications/Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the human resources field
- Understanding of state and federal employment regulations
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and regulatory compliance; EEOC, ADA, FMLA, Workers Comp Unemployment, and other employment-related regulations and compliance
- Understanding of personnel and everything compliance records management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to facilitate/deliver instructor-led training in person in dynamic, engaging, and effective ways. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation
- Must be able to handle high pressure and multiple priorities with professionalism and poise
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and across organizational lines.
- Meet all deadlines by skillfully multi-tasking and juggling multiple priorities; this includes demonstrating task flexibility as necessary to respond to quick turn-around requirements and flexible needs
- Understand basic human resource concepts and draw upon your past experience working within a human resource department of an organization to effectively weave this knowledge into all applicable content
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field
- 2-5 years human resources experience
- Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems; experience with Paylocity preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
Filevine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualifications for employment, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected class. Filevine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability, or if you have concerns related to Filevine's equal employment opportunities, you may contact us at email@example.com