As the Director of Sales Development, you will be seeking out and qualifying new sales opportunities. You are responsible for the build-out of a team of highly motivated, energetic sales professionals that take pride in establishing a new customer pipeline.
This position requires an innovative mindset and a strong desire to deliver a high-quality pipeline while building and leading a high-performing sales development team. The successful candidate will possess demonstrated skills in building teams from the ground up. You’ll have the opportunity to think strategically by working to achieve a deep understanding of predictable pipeline execution models, mastery of sales development, and value selling practices as well as leadership philosophy and development. We are looking for a person that can bring vision, purpose, and drive to this new market. This position offers the unique opportunity to have a dramatic impact on the success of Segment and be a driving force of our new business growth efforts.
The Sales Development Team Has 2 Objectives:
- Develop more sales/revenue for the company by creating legitimate pipeline.
- Develop high-quality future Account Executives.
What You'll Do
- Drive diversified revenue through inbound & outbound sales.
- Strategize with sales leaders
- Monitor and meet sales goals set by the leadership team.
- Partner with the leadership team to pinpoint and target different markets, from fast-growing start-ups to large enterprises.
- Be proficient in speaking to all of our services, products, and value propositions.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audience, their industries, and their interests.
- Work with Marketing to find relevant and creative ways to reach our audience.
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with our teams.
- Maintain accurate customer records through a CRM (Salesforce).
- Maintain and update a sales framework that is scalable, teachable, and documented.
- Hire, coach and manage a team of Sales Development Reps
- Develop the sales, product and industry skills of each team member
- Regularly report on Team/Individual Results
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of Process, Efficiency and Productivity
- Analyze sales pipeline and efficiency data, recommending honed outreach strategies based on specific verticals and personas
- 3-5 years of experience in successfully leading and closing new business opportunities.
- Experience working with creative teams.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Natural ability to build into relationships with new people.
- Ability to resolve client issues smoothly and effectively.
- Leadership experience to run a small team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field.
Filevine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualifications for employment, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected class. Filevine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability, or if you have concerns related to Filevine's equal employment opportunities, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org