Filevine is a rapidly growing software company that is pioneering a new way of managing complex requirements and tasks, saving our users valuable time, improving productivity and efficiency, and driving a higher level of customer satisfaction by improving communications. Filevine is known for its powerful analytics, innovative organizational science, and world-class user experience. The company has an extraordinary team of passionate professionals who love working together to help organizations thrive.
Filevine is currently hiring for a Data Migrations Engineer for the Data Migrations Department. Data Migrations at Filevine is the central point of data integration for all new clients on our software. We are a young team with a growing list of responsibilities and client backlog. This role will be pivotal to our team during our current growth period, as we fine-tune and develop more sophisticated internal processes and technology stack.
Job Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Reads data maps for migration projects.
- Navigates through relational and object-oriented database types to script what is needed for the migration.
- Execute Dynamic SQL, updating existing scripts as needed for each unique project.
- Create new scripts as needed using SQL to meet the needs of each project.
- Meet with internal project managers and external customers to gather requirements and provide technical advice as needed.
- Work with stakeholders to provide open communication on legacy data, design, assisting them with data-related technical issues.
- Update Filevine Projects and follow all internal processes for client migrations.
- Participate in Migrations meetings/keeping the team current with engineering technology updates and direction.
- Lead by example through positive contributions in coding, migrating data and general SAAS culture.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2015 or later.
- Knowledge of or experience with Workato or Python programming is a plus.
- Design, develop, and test ETL procedures.
- Ability to import and export data from a variety of file types (Excel, Delimited, fixed-width, Access).
- Possesses an exceptional ability to clearly communicate to both technical and non-technical teams and clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to document her/his work as per the company’s standards.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Must have a B.S. or a B.A. degree in a technical field.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in SQL.
- Experience working with remote clients and teams helpful
This role is open to candidates in the Provo, UT area, or as a remote position and reports to the Data Migration Manager. If you are interested in this role, please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your experience and why you think you would be a good fit for Filevine and this position. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Filevine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualifications for employment, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected class. Filevine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability, or if you have concerns related to Filevine's equal employment opportunities, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org