Filevine is a rapidly growing software company that is pioneering a new way of managing complex requirements and tasks, saving our users valuable time, improving productivity and efficiency, and driving a higher level of customer satisfaction by improving communications. Filevine is known for powerful analytics, innovative organizational science, and a world-class user experience. The company has an extraordinary team of passionate professionals who love working together to help organizations thrive.
About the Role:
The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for a wide range of projects in support of Filevine’s global legal strategy. You will be responsible for reviewing, drafting negotiating and managing contracts, including non-disclosure, SaaS license, partner and vendor agreement, but should expect to take on much more as Filevine continues to grow.
You will have regular exposure to all areas of the business, including, but not limited to, sales, marketing, people operations, compliance, finance and information security. You must be prepared to identify and handle all legal issues impacting the business.
- Negotiating and drafting vendor, customer and other complex commercial agreements
- Advising on a variety of legal issues, including legal risks and potential liabilities associated with deals
- Advising senior leadership and developing good working relationships with every department across the organization
- Anticipating, identifying and mitigating legal issues that would impact the organization
- Assisting in formulating policies, procedures and training curriculum to assist in the company’s legal compliance
- Identifying and implementing improvements to existing legal processes and procedures
Requirements & Competencies:
- Law degree and admitted to the Utah bar (or ability to become licensed with the Utah bar as In-House Counsel within 6 months of start date)
- 2+ years of experience gained in a law firm or corporate legal department, with preference targeted to candidates with previous in-house experience with a SaaS provider
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills and advanced knowledge of legal and commercial issues impacting SaaS providers
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently with little to no supervision
- Ability to implement change across the organization
- Highly responsive
- Sense of ownership, a willingness to learn and improve
Filevine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualifications for employment, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected class. Filevine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability, or if you have concerns related to Filevine's equal employment opportunities, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org