Based in Salt Lake City & Provo our team is building the leading industry-leading legal case management platform. And the good news? We have a lot of fun while we do it.
The successful candidate will demonstrate our Corporate Guiding Values of Integrity, Consumer Advocacy, Teamwork, Development, Quality, and Performance in all areas of his/her work. The Cloud Security Engineer I will be a highly skilled individual that is an expert in managing cloud security technology and complying with compliance and privacy requirements. This individual will have strong technical skills to ensure Filevine’s information is secure at all times. Our ideal candidate will not only be a team player but will also have a strong engineering background and ability to convey technical information into business terms.
Filevine is looking for an Cloud Security Engineer I to join our Information Security team to ensure that our cloud platform, applications, and infrastructure are designed and secured at the highest levels thus protecting and enhancing customer trust. If you are bright, hardworking, ambitious and enjoy taking ownership for security and compliance, we want to talk to you. This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class team.
- Strategize and outline goals and objectives to secure the Cloud environments and Cloud applications while building the application security program.
- Assist with application security efforts to meet, SOC 2 Type I & II, HIPAA and other compliance requirements.
- Work directly with Reliability, Infrastructure, Architecture Operations teams to ensure Cloud secure best practices are fully integrated with the Cloud implementation lifecycle.
- Gauge and prioritize risk on identified Cloud vulnerabilities.
- Ensure Filevine is following Cloud security best practices for AWS or Azure cloud environments.
- Ensure appropriate Cloud logging, monitoring and response efforts are in place to protect Filevine and our customers.
- Perform on-going Cloud security auditing or testing and remediation to improve Cloud security.
- Provide engineering designs for new cloud software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Maintain technical documentation on processes and policies.
- Develop a familiarity with new tools and techniques in the industry.
Qualifications and education requirements required:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in application security or direct development experience related to secure Cloud implementations.
- Proven work experience as a Cloud Security Engineer or Software Engineer with a passion for cloud automation and Infrastructure as code.
- Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation.
- Familiarity with the OWASP Top 10.
- Experience with threat Cloud modeling methodologies.
- Knowledge of Cloud related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Working knowledge of SOC 2 Type I & II, HIPAA Security Standard and CJIS.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must exhibit excellence in partnering, teamwork, and quality performance.
- Able to effectively give, receive, and respond to feedback.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate security concepts to a technical and non-technical audience including senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and build rapport to influence colleagues at all levels, uncover issues, and identify needs.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (Foundational) or equivalent experience.
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate or equivalent experience.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – (Professional) or equivalent experience.
- Certified Cloud Architect (CCA) or equivalent experience.
- Certified Cloud Professional (CCP) or equivalent experience.
- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) or equivalent experience.
- CompTIA Cloud+ or equivalent experience.
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ or equivalent experience.
- Google Associate Cloud Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Google Professional Cloud Architect or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert or equivalent experience.
- CISSP, CIPP/US, GWAPT, GPEN, certification(s) a plus.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of required duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Filevine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualifications for employment, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected class. Filevine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability, or if you have concerns related to Filevine's equal employment opportunities, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org