Reports to the Lead Architect
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide decisive leadership, mentoring, and excellent judgement by:
- Being the responsible technical authority in your area
- Developing detailed systems documentation including functional specifications, design
- requirements, templates, layout, navigation, diagrams, maps, etc.
- Providing high-level analysis and design reviews to solve conceptual problems and avoid duplication of efforts within different applications.
- Working with third party vendors to evaluate and integrate their technologies within the organization's structure.
- Identifying and recommending extension, expansion, and update of technology standards, practices, and methodologies.
- Participating in the development of key initiatives, minimum viable products, and proofs of concepts
- Performing exemplary code reviews
- Works across other teams to:
- Identify and prioritize the application architecture concerns that can provide the most business value
- Provide mentorship in certain area of expertise (ie, frontend, backend, infrastructure, database, data analytics, design, reliability, quality, etc)
- Motivate learning, technological interest, passion, cohesion, and improvement
- Takes ownership of the technical design, refinement, and prioritization of the application architecture backlog
- Provides technical advice and recommendations to management, product team, and stakeholders
- Participate in lively engineering debate, making a strong and logical case for well considered opinions, while appreciating the opinions of peers
Knowledge and Skills
- In depth knowledge of architectural perspectives and best practices in designated area
- Proven experience in designated area designs, work products, and communication of designs and work products
- Proven experience in building and operating distributed web application systems
- Proven experience in the scaling and business requirements overlaps in designated are-including how to scale out, make highly available, enable more frequent changes, and keeping security in perspective
- Proven experience with multiple software stacks
- Proven experience in designing, developing, operating, and maintaining software in a Cloud Provider such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Proven experience with cloud-based data storage technologies such as: Relational Databases, NoSql Stores, data caches, etc.
- Proven experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with an emphasis on a well-maintained testing pyramid.
- Proven experience in designing, modifying, and operating multi-tenant systems.
Filevine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualifications for employment, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected class. Filevine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability, or if you have concerns related to Filevine's equal employment opportunities, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org