- Original research on state and federal statutes and local court rules.
- Translate statutes into plain English, actionable lists of tasks and deadlines.
- Organize lists of tasks and deadlines into a database-ready format.
- Review and proofread previously completed research with an eye for completeness, accuracy and proper formatting.
- Collaborate with the development team on data output and usability.
- Learn Filevine’s software and understand user needs.
- Create processes to maintain currency of research.
- Legal research skills.
- Ability to understand complex statutes and other legal sources and translate into plain English.
- Good understanding of litigation processes and ability to absorb information quickly.
- Professional demeanor, flexibility for a fast changing work environment.
- Previous litigation experience along with law degree from an accredited law school and bar license in a US state preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as needed.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good team player.
Filevine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualifications for employment, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected class. Filevine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability, or if you have concerns related to Filevine's equal employment opportunities, you may contact us at email@example.com