Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise to the team by efficiently and productively:
- Researching, prototyping, and testing proposed database changes to meet functional needs, improve scalability, improve reliability, and/or improve performance
- Designing, coding, and maintaining APIs that can be used by multiple services within the company to access database services
- Troubleshooting and resolving lock contention, scalability, performance, and other database related issues; performing extensive query tuning
- Developing and maintaining monitoring and alerting of database services.
- Quickly responding to and resolving database problems.
- Developing batch process scripts.
- Automating the maintenance, deployment, security, and instrumentation of systems
- Collecting, monitoring, aggregating, dashboarding, and alerting on software and server events
- Identifying and fixing gaps in the availability of systems
- Improving the CI/CD pipeline
- Optimizing and creating hardware and cost efficiencies at scale
- Documenting and diagramming processes, procedures, and best practices
- Finding, learn, improve, or create new automation tools that are reliable, usable, and helpful to software development engineers to enable them to perform their work more efficiently
- Providing knowledge and education on reliability, tools, process, and security to software development engineers
- Be part of an on-call rotation with other team members to provide 24/7/365 database support.
- Communicate frequently, clearly, and effectively with various technical and management audiences
Knowledge & Skills
- 6+ years of DevOps, Systems Administration, Database Engineering or Reliability Engineer experience
- Experience with a variety of technologies such as NodeJS, ElasticSearch, Docker, AWS, GCP, Git, CI/CD Tools, Firebase, MongoDB
- Ability to write scripts and utilities to monitor, manage, and maintain databases
- Development experience with data access layer APIs is highly encouraged
- Deep understanding of operational principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. in computer science, information systems, a related field; comparable certifications; or equivalent direct work experience
Cool Company Perks
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunity to learn from a dedicated leadership team
- Dynamic, rapidly growing company, focused on helping organizations thrive
- 100% remote work environment for engineers
- Hackathons for innovation